The MMC (Mūsdienu mūzikas centrs or the Contemporary Music Centre) released its latest compilation of jazz music performed by Latvian interpreters. In collaboration with the organizers of the yearly jazz music festival Rīgas ritmi, the CD, entitled Jazz in Latvia 2014 (MMC CD 013) features various jazz music performances by leading Latvian jazz musicians.
Produced by Māris Briežkalns, himself the drummer in the his jazz quintet as well as the artistic director of the Rīgas ritmi festival, the compilation collects 10 performances featuring musicians like singer Daumants Kalniņš, guitarist Matīss Čudars, and pianist Raimonds Macats, among many others, performing both original works and arrangements.
For further information, please visit the Rīgas ritmi website (in Latvian, English and Russian).
1. Dream of a Greedy Clown – Matīss Čudars Quintet
2. This is the World – Raimonds Macats Quintet
3. Spring Song – Inga Bērziņa Quartet
4. Technically Disco – Latvian Radio Big Band
5. Lost – Daumants Kalniņš Quintet
6. I Wonder – Māris Briežkalns Quintet
7. The Beat Goes On – Kristīne Prauliņa & Latvian Raido Big Band
8. Fire – Laima Jansone Trio
9. Victoriya – Tree Stones Quartet
10. My Prayer – Toms Juņevičs
© 1995-2023 Latvians Online
Please contact us for editorial queries, or for permission to republish material. Disclaimer: The content of Web sites to which Latvians Online provides links does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Latvians Online, its staff or its sponsors.