Famed Latvian mezzo-soprano Elīna Garanča has released her latest album entitled Meditation (Deutsche Grammophon, DG 479 2071). Featuring works of a more spiritual and meditative nature, Garanča is joined by Deutsche Radio Philharmonie Saarbrücken and the Latvian Radio Choir, conducted by Karel Mark Chichon.
The collection also features works by Latvian composers – a new arrangement of Uģis Prauliņš’ ‘Dievaines’, and Pēteris Vasks’ ‘Dusi dusi’ and ‘Paldies tev vēlā saule’.
Garanča will perform works from this album on tour in Europe in October 2014, and returns to Carmen at the New York Metropolitan Opera in 2015.
See the music video for ‘Dievaines’ here.
- Gounod, Charles: Messe solennelle en l’honneur de Sainte-Cécile: Sanctus
- Gounod, Charles: Repentir O Divine Redeemer
- Prauliņš , Uģis: Dievaines
- Mascagni, Pietro: Cavalleria rusticana: Regina coeli laetare
- Mascagni, Pietro: Cavalleria rusticana: Ave Maria (Adapted from Intermezzo sinfonico)
- Gomez, William: Ave Maria
- Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus: Vesperae solemnes de confessore, K. 339: Laudate Dominum
- Bizet, Georges: Agnus Dei (based on Intermezzo from L Arlesienne Suite No. 2)
- Puccini, Giacomo: Salve Regina
- Adam, Adolphe: Cantique de Noel (O Holy Night)
- Vasks, Pēteris: Silent Songs, No 2 Dusi dusi
- Vasks, Pēteris: Silent Songs, No 4 Paldies tev vēlā saule
- Allegri, Gregorio: Miserere mei, Deus
- Caccini, Giulio (attr.) / Vavilov, Vladimir: Ave Maria
© 1995-2023 Latvians Online
Please contact us for editorial queries, or for permission to republish material. Disclaimer: The content of Web sites to which Latvians Online provides links does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Latvians Online, its staff or its sponsors.