The Rīga Cathedral Girls’ Choir, conducted by Aira Birziņa, has released their latest CD, Jubilatio, a collection of sacred choral performances. Covering works from a span of almost six centuries, Jubilatio was recorded at the Rīga Cathedral in 2011 and 2012.
The collection also features distinguished organist Vita Kalnciema, playing the legendary organ of the Rīga Cathedral, who performs in a number of the works, and also has a solo performance with “Toccata alla Fantasia” by Pauls Dambis.
The Choir was founded in 1997, and has about 90 singers, from the ages of nine to nineteen. Birziņa has been the conductor since 2000.
Previous releases by the Choir include Gribas drusku pablēņoties (DVD and CD), as well as Kas kaitēja nedzīvoti (2004) and Te Deum (by Rihards Dubra, 2006).
For more information on the Rīga Cathedral Girls’ Choir, please visit their website at www.girlschoir.lv
1. “Hebe deine Augen auf” from the oratorio “Elija”, Felix Mendelssohn-Bartoldi
2. “Sound the Trumpet” from the ode “Come, ye Sons of Art” – Henry Purcell
3. Ave Regina caelorum – Guillaume Du Fay
4. Ecce Maria – Michael Praetorius
5. Laudate Dominum – Rihards Dubra
6. The Lord Bless You and Keep You – John Rutter
7. Laudamus in Domine – Ieva Alenčika and Austriņa
8. Salve Regina – Miklós Kocsár
9. Miserere – Eva Ugalde
10. Gloria – Michael Bojesen
11. Exsultate Deo – Vytautas Miškinis
12. Toccata alla Fantasia – Pauls Dambis
13. O salutaris hostia – Ēriks Ešenvalds
14. Missa de Spiritu Sancto I Kyrie / II Gloria / III Sanctus / IV Agnus Dei – Rihards Dubra
© 1995-2023 Latvians Online
Please contact us for editorial queries, or for permission to republish material. Disclaimer: The content of Web sites to which Latvians Online provides links does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Latvians Online, its staff or its sponsors.