Record label Deutsche Grammophon has released a collection featuring the greatest recordings by famed Latvian mezzo soprano, Elīna Garanča.
Entitled simply The Best of Elīna Garanča (DG 479 2241), the CD collects recordings from Garanča’s many previous Grammophon releases.
Garanča, who the International Record Review called ‘one of the plushest, most evenly produced and alluring mezzo-sopranos of our time’, has become one of the best known mezzo sopranos in the world in the decade since her first performance at the Salzburg Festival, and has had four solo albums on the Deutsche Grammophon label. The role of Carmen has become one of her signature roles.
The CD booklet features an interview with Garanča, and is in English, French, and German.
1. Bizet: Séguedille et Duo: “Près des remparts de Séville”
2. Bizet: Chanson: “Les tringles des sistres tintaient”
3. Bizet: “L’amour est un oiseau rebelle” (Havanaise)
4. Delibes: Viens, Mallika, … Dôme épais (Flower Duet)
5. Saint‐Saëns: “Mon coeur s’ouvre à ta voix”
6. Offenbach: Barcarolle
7. Villa‐Lobos: Aria (Cantilena)
8. Chapi Y Lorente: Carceleras
9. Falla: 5. Nana
10. Mozart: “Parto, ma tu ben mio”
11. Donizetti: Oh! Mon Fernand
12. Bellini: Dopo l’oscuro nembo
13. Bellini: Lieto del dolce incarno ‐ La tremenda ultirce spada
© 1995-2023 Latvians Online
Please contact us for editorial queries, or for permission to republish material. Disclaimer: The content of Web sites to which Latvians Online provides links does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Latvians Online, its staff or its sponsors.