- L’ambassade de Lettonie en Paris
- Latviešu apvienība Francijā
- The small group of Latvians living in Paris is an organised bunch and meets regularly for cultural and social events. On this Web site you can find how they will be marking Latvian Independence Day this year and when the choir, Latviešu vokālais ansamblis, meets for rehearsals. You can also learn where Latvians meet on a weekly basis to catch up and have the opportunity speak in Latvian to their countrymen for a couple of hours. They follow politics in Latvia and their Web site reports any visits to France by Latvian dignitaries. We were quite surprised and amused to find out that in September 2002 the Latvian Symphony Orchestra participated in a cheese festival in a tiny village of Etivaz in the canton of Vaud high up in the Swiss Alps not far from the French border. Latvians sure know how to share their musical talents with the rest of the world! FR LV (Reviewed November 2002)
Links by region
04 Dec 2013
3. decembrī, Mineapolē (ASV) 88 gadu vecumā savās mājās mūžībā aizgājusi mecenāte, Triju Zvaigžņu ordeņa kavaliere, ilggadēja Latvijas jaunatnes izglītības veicinātāja un akcijas „Latvijas Lepnums“ 2009. gada laureāte Dr. Aina Galēja - Dravniece.
02 Dec 2013
Perhaps one of the most memorable moments of the closing concert of the 2013 Latvian Song Festival was the song “Dvēseles dziesma”.
28 Nov 2013
Šā gada 4. decembrī no plkst. 10.00 līdz 16.00 Latvijas Zinātņu akadēmijas Portretu zālē notiks starptautiskā konference „Poļu, ukraiņu un latviešu diasporas kopienu sadarbība pagātnē un šodien“ (Cooperation between the Polish, Ukrainian and Latvian diaspora communities in the past and nowadays).
In the forums
December 8th NYC - Annual Advent Concert in Yonkers posted by vecrumba on 04 Dec 2013
Another short pump “wait” for gasoline… posted by Mikus E_ on 01 Dec 2013
1,000 fake accounts for only $58 posted by Mikus E_ on 25 Nov 2013
Roof collapse at Maxima posted by peter B on 22 Nov 2013
95. posted by Bruno the Lett on 17 Nov 2013