- If the term "3x3" is new to you, don't be surpised if after visiting this Web site you suddenly have an intense desire to contact the organizers of one of these camps. Quoting from the site: "3x3 is the name of a series of camps that developed out of the desire of people of Latvian heritage to maintain the Latvian language and culture in their families." The camps are held in the northern and southern hemispheres every summer. "While the attendance of individuals and small family groups is the norm," the Web site continues, "attendance by the three generations of the extended family -- children, parents and grandparents -- is especially welcome." In a nutshell, the camp is meant as a "Latvian identity" booster injection. The week-long camps are held in Latvia, Great Britain, the United States, Australia and Canada. EN LV (Reviewed May 2006)
- 3x3 Adelaidē
- Austrālijas latviešu Kultūras dienas
- Austrālijas Latvietis
- Blue Eyes Ski Club
- While the Northern Hemisphere is basking in the warm August sunshine, spare a thought for the Latvians living down under. It's winter there and quite chilly in the south, too! For many this means the ski season is well underway and the Latvian Ski Club Blue Eyes is enjoying the company of many Letts and their Aussie friends. The club owns an 18-bed lodge up on Mt. Buller, a three-hour drive northeast of Melbourne. The lodge brochure is available for download in English or Latvian. EN (Reviewed August 2004)
- Daugavas Vanagi Austrālijas Valde
- Daugavas Vanagi, Melbourne Branch
- DekSoft Solutions
- Ints “Latvian Resources”
- Laikraksts “Latvietis”
- Latvian Association of South Australia Latvian Museum
- Latvian Australian Credit Cooperative Society Ltd.
- Latviešu Apvienība Austrālijā un Jaunzēlandē
- Latviešu jaunatnes apvienība Austrālijā
- Melbourne Latvian Ethnic School Daugava
- Sidnejas ev. lut. latviešu draudze
- Somesing Like Zat
- Svētā Krusta Draudze
- Sydney Latvian Society
Links by region
15 Jun 2013
Throughout the years, many choirs in Latvia, both professional and amateur, have released albums of Latvian choir music.
05 Jun 2013
As the tributes to departed Latvian poet Imants Ziedonis continue, of the many archival recordings that have been recently released, one of the most memorable is Atsaukšanas (Upe tuviem un tāliem, UPETTCD074), released to coincide with what would have been the poet’s 80th birthday.
26 May 2013
One of Russia’s foreign policy objectives in the former Soviet space is non-citizen voting in local elections. The upcoming Latvian municipal elections again put this issue on the front burner.
In the forums
Remembering June 14, 1941 posted by Irena on 14 Jun 2013
Latvian Public TV publishes videos from the Song Festival in Latvia in 1977. posted by Aleksejs on 14 Jun 2013
Latvian choir as one of NPR's best to date posted by anita on 13 Jun 2013
CNN photo gallery - Latvia's Largest Minority posted by anita on 12 Jun 2013
Lithuanian taxing authorities and Google Earth posted by anita on 05 Jun 2013